Friday, March 23, 2012

ちはやふる



"Chihaya Ayase is a girl who has spent most of her life simply supporting her sister in her model career. That changes when she meets a boy named Arata Wataya, a talented karuta player. He thinks that Chihaya has a potential to become a great player. As Chihaya takes on a new dream of becoming Japan's best karuta player, she is soon separated from her karuta playing friends as they grow up. Now in high school, Chihaya still continues to play karuta in the hope that she will one day meet her friends again."
- Wikipedia


I've been dying to talk to you guys about this series ! It has been my favourite series ever since it's airing 2 seasons ago. Now I haven't felt ******(unknown feeling) from an anime ever since AnoHana finished, so you know how good this is yeah? ;)


It's genres are romance and sport (as in Karuta) but I feel there's an aspect of SoL somewhere in there, I feel it within me *U*


Because of this show, I got hooked onto the sport and started watching real games and everything, it's super cool and I even got myself a set of cards ! It was quite expensive but worth it ! Because I have a disadvantage - that I'm not a fluent Japanese speaker - I've still tried to memorise the poems. But my tactics at the moment are waiting for the first half of the poem to be read then finding the respective card as the line's read ^^;; (I've been playing by myself...)


But yeah, the romance aspect isn't very strong, it's just a tingle of romance through out but as of late, it's getting a little warm :) Usually, you'd have people you'd ship together, though I think with Chihaya, you really can't decide who you like better with her, Arata, or Arata Taichi?!



    VS

LOLOLOLOLOL Off in my own little world~ Of course I think people tend to lean over to Taichi because he's always with her, and it's obvious he likes her. And of course Chihaya is a air-headed girl that doesn't really know what love is :S As in like-liking someone, sure she loves both boys, but their like her best friends. But then throughout the series, the way Taichi reacts with Arata makes it seem like he's convinced that Chihaya likes Arata and other hints from herself that make you think so too...but then I'm kind of a Taichi bias because they'd make a aesthetically good couple ^^;; Not to mention Taichi is really sweet to her and you're able to witness their relationship on a day to day basis, compared to Arata's relationship with Chihaya. Sometimes I think Chihaya sees Arata as a closely connected friend and teacher seeing as Arata was the one who got her into karuta. But then since Arata lives in the suburbs and not the city the two are quite far away and their only communications are through email and phone, which don't happen often :/ And like they meet three times when Arata takes Karuta back on...

Okay, I think I'm spoiling xD

So yeah, I think you'll enjoy this series a lot, I can guarantee you'll love the sport as well the series and you'll be frustrated as to who to ship together, right?!

LOL Who do I ship? ;)


HELLO BOYS~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment